The latest from CemAir
Tuesday 18 December 2018
CemAir has been recently grounded and has advised that they are unable to assist passengers.
At this stage, CemAir says they are unable to assist with re-accommodating stranded passengers, following the grounding of the airline by the South Africa Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA).
“At this stage, our hands are tied and we cannot offer alternative solutions to our customers. As such, we advise you to book an alternative journey to your destinations and we will advise at the soonest possible time about a refund process for your booking with CemAir,” the airline said in a statement.
The CAA has suspended two of the airline’s Air Operator’s Certificates (AOC), grounding the airline indefinitely.
The airline added that it had submitted multiple possible solutions to the problems highlighted by the CAA, but claims all solutions were rejected, indicative of “malicious intent by the CAA to bring CemAir to its knees by grounding it unnecessarily at peak season”.
Queries can be directed to :
If you have booked with us and purchased one of our insurance products please inquire with our ticketing partner. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org with your ZA reference number.[source: etnw]
Book Cheap Tickets on CemAir Alternatives
Daily Quota at Kruger National Park Applies
Are you planning on visiting Kruger National Park this December?
As visitor management is a vital part of ensuring visitors have the best possible experience when visiting the Kruger National Park (KNP) over the festive season starting December 13, South African National Parks (SANParks) has alerted all day visitors that daily quotas will once again apply at the entrance gates.
Visitors are urged to make pre-bookings for their visits prior to their arrival. There are three-time slots available which visitors can choose from:
- Time slot one: 05h30 to 07h30.
- Time slot two: 07h30 to 09h30.
- Time slot three: 09h30 onwards.
Pre-booked day visitors will get preference over non-booked day visitors at the gate, but must ensure that they arrive within their booked time slots. Arriving outside the booked time slot will be regarded as non-booked, and therefore will not receive preference and risk the possibility of being turned away. These bookings can be changed as well through SANParks Reservations offices if need be.
“Day visitors may not bring liquor as a result of the alcohol ban in public areas of the Park,” said Ike Phaahla, KNP’s gm: Communications and Marketing.
“We also advise guests to exercise caution when driving around areas undergoing construction such as Skukuza Camp so as to avoid unnecessary accidents”, concluded Phaahla.
Other important information visitors should take note of include:
- Day visitor pre-bookings are subject to a non-refundable fee of R43 per adult and R22 per child.
- Day visitors who have pre-booked will still be required to pay Conservation Fees. For international guests, standard conservation fees of R372 are applicable for adults and R186 for children.
- The number and profile of persons (adults and children) on the reservation and actual persons arriving should correspond.
- All guests (drivers and passengers) will be required to identify themselves upon admission (SA driver’s license, ID or passport).
- Due to existing contractual arrangements with Open Safari Vehicles (OSVs), they have paid for the annual operating permit and are authorised to enter external gates 15 minutes before opening time to ensure fair distribution/flow of traffic.
- Gate quotes will be strictly applied and guests without pre-bookings could be denied entry.
You may pre-book here
Book Cheap Tickets to Kruger Park
Tickets from R6,649 to Zanzibar
Need that Holiday? Flights to Zanzibar from R6,649. These flights are perfect for those able to fly after the School Holidays.
Flights are from Johannesburg to Zanzibar and are operated by Kenyan Airways.
Dates I Can Fly
15 January 2019 to 31 January 2019
When Can I Book?
Book before Friday the 14th December 2018
Where Can I Fly To?
- Jo’burg -> Zanzibar
Book your internal domestic flight separately to score.
Terms and Conditions
- Blackout dates apply
- Fares may differ due to currency fluctuation
- Special events, long weekends and peak flights are excluded
- Offer is subject to availability of seats at the time of booking
- Subject to airline terms and conditions
- Ticket is non-refundable
- Fares booked through our direct call centre will attract an additional service fee